3D Model by
The Armenian church known as Norashen is located in Lower Kala on Leselidze street, next to Jvarismama church. The name Norashen is “new settlement “ in Armenian. Norashen was founded in 1467 and
renovated in 1650 by Nazar. At this time, the great cupola was rebuilt by Master Petros. A series of renovations followed in 1795, 1808 and in 1875. The Lidatamashian and Vartanov families and Katarina Pridonian are buried next to the Church. Later yet, during the Soviet era, the church was transformed into an archive.
Norashen in Google Maps: