3D model by
The oldest surviving church in Yerevan, the Katoghike. The church was built after a big 17th century earthquake, during the years 1693-1695 on the ruins of a 7th century Armenian church. Built with tufa-stone
and cement, it belonged to the three-nave basilica type without a dome. Considering the sizes of its prayer hall (14.0 x 19.3 m), and its outside perimeter (16.4 x 28.4 m), it was perhaps one of the most capacious churches of old Yerevan. The church had entrances on both the southern and western sides. The walls of the Church lacked the usual means of architectural expression, save the khachkars (cross-stones) that appeared on its walls here and there dating back to the years 1679, 1693, 1694, and 1695. When the walls were demolished, old khachkars were found in them referring to the years 1472, 1641 and 1642. According to historical studies there had been a church on the same site of the present church traditionally called “St. Astvatsatsin Church”.
Katoghike in Google Maps: