Saint Gregory of the Abughamir Family






3D Model   by


The church of saint Gregory of the Aboughamirs', in the "new city" area of Ani. Structure: Marr-Orbeli site 53. Other designations: Church of the Abughamrents; Chapel of Shushan Pahlavuni; Polatoğlu Kilisesi. History "In
the year 489 (AD 1040), I, Ablgharib, marzipan of the Armenians, son of Grigor and grandson of Abughamir, although I was neglected by my father because of the fact that I was the younger son, was nonetheless moved by love for my parents to restore this place of repose for my father Grigor and my brother Hamza and my sister Seda and built two chapels, St. Stephanos and St. Kristapor. And the condition for the priests is this: that every Friday in St. Stephanos they hold a religious function for my mother Shushan and every Saturday for my father Grigor, and in St. Kristapor every Friday for my sister Seda ..."



Saint Gregory in Google Maps: